When ordering from our website you will be asked to pay online unless you have a pre-approved payment on account facility (only available for B2B clients).
We currently accept payment from:
- For funeral work as attachments alongside our website order form: www.careprint.uk/cs-order-form
- Alternatively, send as attachments to an email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For very large files (greater than 10mb) use WeTransfer.com – a free online file transfer provider
- For regular clients we can share a dropbox directory to allow sharing of files.
In all instances:
- Due to font and pagination conflicts between different computers we only accept print ready files in the PDF format.
- Where we are undertaking artwork for you we are happy to accept files in most formats.
- For photographs, please send us jpg, tif, psd files – and NOT embedded into a document. We accept other file types but the quality may not be as good.
- Please ensure that photographs are as good a quality as possible – and not compressed for emailing. File size is a good indicator. The larger the number the better the quality. If your device asks you what size to send the photos, always say ‘original size’.
- If you do send us a document with embedded photos, please also send the photos as separate files.
- If the files are too large for email, please use www.wetransfer.com, a free, secure and very easy to use file-transfer website.
It is much better to send multiple photos via one WeTransfer message than to send us multiple emails.
- We find providing pdf proofs works well for almost every job. This is quick and involves no additional costs.
- If you are sure you really need a printed proof before you can approve a job, we would need to charge extra and it will slow the whole process down, so please allow time for this.
Often yes, but please email or ring us to check how things stand if you are very worried.
All funeral-related orders confirmed by 10:30am Monday to Friday will be printed and despatched the same day to arrive on the next working day. Saturday delivery is also available. All orders placed over the weekend will be printed on Monday morning and dispatched to arrive on Tuesday. Any orders confirmed after 10:30am will be printed and dispatched on the next working day.
We are digital printers and are therefore well placed to deliver significant savings on short-run work. We hope that small businesses and individuals in particular will enjoy the flexibility of being able to either produce their own artwork online or work with our experienced in-house design team to get the results they want.
For larger business clients we work, when required, in collaboration with third party commercial printers to secure the best rates on volume work. This is a cost-effective process that will appeal to businesses wishing to centralise their printing requirements and business stationery ordering.
Our online designer software allows you to create, edit and approve your own artwork, in your own time, and at no extra cost to you. After you have confirmed and placed your order a high quality PDF is sent to our print production team who process your work through our digital print process. Everything advertised on this website is provided in-house.
- Our experienced design team are here to prepare the artwork for you should you require.
- We can work from instructions provided by email or through our online forms.
- We do not accept instructions (or amendments) over the telephone.
- We can also schedule a video meeting with you via Zoom to work through specific design requirements from the comfort of your home or office. This provides the familiar face to face meeting that you may prefer.
Once you have saved your artwork you can locate it under MY ACCOUNT | PORTFOLIO. Here you can make further edits, place an order, or preview the current proof.
Coated paper and card have a finish applied to the surface of the stock which can be matte (dull), satin/silk (fairly shiny) or gloss (shiny). The coating helps colours to really show at their best, and helps the product to be more durable.
Uncoated paper and card tend to be less smooth and more porous, but some people think this looks better. Uncoated paper should also be used for anything that will be written on, as coated papers do not like pens.
There are three options for designing and customizing a product. Click a product on the left-hand panel and choose one of the options.
1. Custom Design: lets you customize the products. Click it to open the design studio and use multiple tools to create your own design.
2. Upload Design: using this option, you can upload your own PDF files. Most mainstream software packages allow you to export or print to a PDF file. By doing this you retain information about layout, fonts, sizes etc that are crucial to the final print.
3. Browse Design: use this to select hundreds of pre-loaded templates. Work on them or customize them through our design studio.
This has a glossy, satin or matte finish.
Coated paper is generally very smooth and can be either very shiny (high gloss) or have a subtle shine (satin or matte). Either way, coated paper will have a great effect on the appearance and usefulness of the printed item. Coated paper is more resistant to dirt, moisture and wear. It also makes the printed material more shiny and colours more vibrant. That is why it is generally used in the printing of magazines, book covers, glossy photos and art books. However coating restricts how ink is absorbed by the paper which means coated papers and cards are less suitable for products on which you might wish to write with a pen, such as forms and appointment or business cards.
Uncoated paper is generally more absorbent than a coated paper. It is generally not as smooth as coated paper and tends to be more porous. Uncoated paper is generally used for letterheads, envelopes, forms or printed material that is aiming for a more prestigious or elegant look. College and University booklets, estate agents' brochures and menus for elegant restaurants are generally printed on uncoated paper to give them a prestigious feel.
841 x 1189
33.1 x 46.8
594 x 841
23.4 x 33.1
420 x 594
16.5 x 23.4
297 x 420
11.7 x 16.5
210 x 297
8.3 x 11.7
148 x 210
5.8 x 8.3
105 x 148
4.1 x 5.8
74 x 105
2.9 x 4.1
52 x 74
2.1 x 2.9
917 x 1296
36.1 x 51.0
648 x 917
25.5 x 36.1
458 x 648
18.0 x 25.5
324 x 458
12.8 x 18.0
229 x 324
9.0 x 12.8
162 x 229
6.4 x 9.0
114 x 162
4.5 x 6.4
81 x 114
3.2 x 4.5
57 x 81
2.2 x 3.2
Generally, the heavier the paper or card, the thicker it is.
We follow the European system, and stock is measured in grams per square metre (gsm or g/m2 or simply g). The US use Pounds (lb).
As a rough guide, anything up to 200gsm is classified as 'paper' and anything over this is 'card'.
For a quality Order of Service, for example, we would usually use a 350gsm card cover, with 170gsm paper inserts.
Our system supports RGB (red, green, blue) for producing digital prints. We have accurately mapped colour pallet to match RGB to CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, key/black) to ensure high quality 4-colour printing.
We utilise a variety of in-house digital print formats, including Konica and Xerox digital printers, Mutoh and Epson wide format printers, and a range of sublimation and transfer techniques. These guarantee a high level of colour accuracy on the widest selection of stocks and materials.
300 dpi (dots per inch) is the resolution of the output PDF file.
The prices we quote on this site are correct for the range of stocks and materials shown. These prices assume that the client will be creating, editing and completing their own artwork online or uploading files from their local device. They do not include any additional artwork costs should our in-house design team become involved in the process.
For some products the price is dependent on choices you make when placing the order. Should the actual copy to be printed differ from the order details placed we reserve the right to adjust the price where necessary. Should an additional payment be required we will need this to be settled prior to the despatch of the order.
All prices shown on our website exclude VAT. Under current UK legislation some items are zero-rated for VAT purposes and this is clearly shown against applicable products.
Prices also exclude charges for delivery which are applied at checkout.
It is the customer's responsibility to make sure that no copyright or proprietary rights are violated when reproducing material. We will not reproduce copyright protected materials without appropriate permission.
Specific notes in relation to our Condolence Stationery
PUBLIC DOMAIN: Many hymns, songs, prayers etc are considered to be in the public domain. This is where copyright no longer applies and such material can be used freely. This would normally apply to passages, hymns and prayers written over 70 years ago.
THE BIBLE: Copyright of biblical passages and psalms is vested with the various publishers but no application needs to be made for permission to reproduce biblical passages or extracts when the reproduction is solely for use on the occasion for which they have been prescribed.
HYMNS AND SONGS: In many cases the church or crematorium where the service is to be held may hold a Christian Copyright Licence which permits the reproduction of hymns and songs from a selection of over 250,000. Most traditional hymns in use at funerals are considered to be in the public domain.
PRAYERS: COMMON WORSHIP: Items from Common Worship may be reproduced for use on a single occasion without written permission of the Central Board of Finance (copyright holders) by inclusion of the following acknowledgement: "Common Worship 2000, material from which is included in this service, is copyright © The Central Board of Finance of the Church of England."
THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER: Items from The Book of Common Prayer may be reproduced for use on a single occasion without written permission of Cambridge University Press (copyright holders) by inclusion of the following acknowledgement: "Extracts from The Book of Common Prayer, the rights in which are vested in the Crown, are reproduced by permission of the Crown's Patentee, Cambridge University Press" IMPORTANT NOTE: This non-exclusive English language right throughout the UK has been granted to Careprint on your behalf by Cambridge University press. It should not be used by any other party without authorisation.
ANONYMOUS PRAYERS AND READINGS: Where prayers cannot be traced to an individual, for instance when it says anon or source unknown, it is assumed that no copyright exists and such prayers are considered to be in the public domain.
CHRISTIAN COPYRIGHT LICENCE This is normally held by the individual church, or crematorium, where the service is being held and covers most hymns regardless of copyright. A reference to the licence number should be quoted somewhere on the service sheet, normally in small print at the end.
UPDATED TUESDAY 5TH JANUARY 2021
We are open for business as usual for all online and emailed orders.
All funeral related orders placed/confirmed by 10:30am Monday-Friday will be printed and despatched same day to arrive on the next working day. Saturday delivery is also available. All orders placed over the weekend will be printed on Monday morning and dispatched to arrive on Tuesday. Any orders placed after 10:30am will be printed and dispatched on the next working day.
Other printed items are normally despatched same day but can take longer for larger orders.
All orders are dispatched using DPD, or for less urgent items Royal Mail. Collection is also available from an external Covid-19 secure collection area at our premises in Albury on request.
ORDER CONFIRMATION and DELIVERY SCHEDULE
|Order placed/confirmed on||Deadline||Next Working Day Delivery|